life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass
it's about learning to dance in the rain!

Thursday, March 4, 2010

day ends with silver nails!

day ends after hot bath, preceded by a visit to my niece tasha's home.
sister deb was babysitting cameron, 5, and dylan,1.
deb said she was on the edge of "sick", spoke of symptoms similar to what i began with about 10 days ago. i brought over some mucinex, to loosen the gunk.

dylan was a wiggle worm as i walked in, sitting in his swing, swigging a bottle of apple juice.
he beamed as i came around the corner. we then played the sock game.
he pulls his sock off, hands it to me. i put it on his hand.
he giggles, takes it off, hands it back tome.
such a simple pleasure. such joy...

cameron wanders into the kitchen, opens a cabinet door, takes out a box of what turns out to be a box of nail polishes and remover. she goes to the dining room, proceeds, in a very adult manner, to take off her current coating of polish from her nails. suddenly, she asks me if she can paint my nails!?

sure, i replied. i hav always felt odd when my nails were anything but a natural color. i have my mother's hand-working hands. i sat and said: you can paint my thumbs this copper color one. she did and then asked if she could use silver on my other fingers.
how often does one receive a manicure from a meticulous five year old?

i left in awhile and now look at my fingertips, flashing odd colors as i type.

1 comment: